Monday, May 24, 2010

Where we come from --> Where we're going

Hi there again! 

I know I need to update you on everything that's been going on here because these are the most important moments: orientation and training (as they're where a lot of beginning insight and realization come from.) And all that will come with time...as in right after I finish this blog about the history of Orange Lake and Kemmons Wilson lol. I know that many of you who work in the Kemmons Wilson School, or at Orange Lake (hey there Jeremy, Shana and Scott! :) ), already know all about Orange Lake and Kemmons Wilson, so you might want to skip this entry. I mean, I might have found something new for you, but don't feel obligated. 

So! Orange Lake: 

I think that's the most widespread photo of Orange Lake out there, taken at River Island, one of Orange Lake's premier water features. Anyways! As for the actual Holiday Inn brand, Kemmons Wilson founded it in 1957 after a particularly bad motel experience. He vowed to offer families a greater value for their money and introduced many aspects of quality and customer service into a fledgling hospitality industry born from the automotive boom and income increase after World War II. Now, Kemmons Wilson always had an eye for what families like; the whole Wilson family (even after Kemmons' death) has stayed very tight-knit and the whole approach the Orange Lake takes to selling is appealing to the "family" and building family memories to last a life time. So, you're probably wondering how Orange Lake Resorts fits into this picture... It was founded by Kemmons Wilson in 1982, after he retired from managing the Holiday Inn brand and has since spread to be the largest timeshare resort in the world--encompassing 1,400 acres of land. Although Orange Lake now has a partnership with InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), it wasn't until 2008 that Orange Lake Resorts was brought under the same brand as Kemmons Wilson's other brain child: Holiday Inn--which, in turn, developed the concept of Holiday Inn Club Vacations. Exciting right!? Thought so. 

Orange Lake has made many, many, many developments since its inception in the 80s and has really tried to keep up with the demands of its owners and guest by adding Splash Lagoon and a lighted 9-hole golf course (in the North Village),


East Village with an 18-hole golf course designed by Arnold Palmer himself (it's the hard one--lol),


and, most recently, River Island (Orange Lake's mini water-park where I spent most of my day frying on Saturday). 


And that's not even then end of what they've accomplished in the lat 4-6 years. The Orange Lake and Holiday Inn Club Vacation brands have added five other properties in Vermont, Tennessee, another in Florida, Wisconsin, and South Carolina. Plus they're a part of IHG  and RCI, which allows their owners to travel to over 8,000 other resorts and hotels worldwide. Talk about expanding to endless travel opportunities. :) Once Orange Lake Resorts decides to quit acquiring properties (even though I hear a property in Las Vegas could be in the works) they still have plenty of land area to develop into whatever they would like. 

There's a lot of opportunity out here at Orange Lake. So, I highly encourage anyone interested in joining the timeshare industry to hit them up; give them a call, check out their website...you know, all that good stuff. But when you do, say hi to Scott, Shana, and/or Jennifer. :) They're pretty awesome. The actual Orange Lake website is: orangelake.com --this allows you to view all of their properties. And if you know that Orange Lake is the place for you, the careers website is: http://orangelake.com/quick_links/hot_jobs.html .


Ok, I've sold the resort enough...even though I honestly could praise it even more. :) But seriously, check it out sometime.


Whitney


No comments:

Post a Comment